These dudes found a way to measure if movies are getting worse. They based it on polarization – and the mental leap that a polarizing movie was made with a base in mind and is therefore not as good as a less polarizing movie is the jump you have to make to agree. I think it’s an okay assumption, but I also feel like our society is more polarized than it has been in the past. Is it because of narrowcasting – the web-based phenomenon that you only see what you want to see and don’t get broadcasted at? I don’t know, and that’s a topic for more conversation. But if society is more polarized in general, then the leap of faith may not work for this graph.
- Jake Arrieta is now using his two-seamer like his slider: many different ways bit.ly/1OXQzfo 3 minutes ago
- Haha laughing at players and tweeters telling me that grips are state secrets. You go throw Arrieta’s slider now that you know the grip. 25 minutes ago
- RT @fangraphs: Jake Arrieta's slider grip. fangraphs.com/blogs/jake-arr… http://t.co/9NfTajW1A7 30 minutes ago
- I wrote a blog post in my dreams last night, about Yordano Ventura, and I think it’s legit. About to write it again now. 1 hour ago
- Arrieta's Sweet... Sinker fangraphs.com/blogs/jake-arr… 1 hour ago