Wrote up the Angels Organizational Ranking for FanGraphs on Tuesday. They came in 12th, and obviously they are a bit of a lightning rod for arguments about statistics. Their offense has been below average most years despite high-priced offensive acquisitions, but they’ve managed to win with good fundamentals, good defense, and great pitching. Not sure they deserve any better of a ranking despite their nice farm system and deep pockets, but that doesn’t stop people from making impassioned arguments on their behalf.
- That's a bold strategy Cotton, let's see if it pays off twitter.com/carsondeons/st… 12 hours ago
- RT @JeffPassan: Here are Bruce Maxwell's words. The rest can be found in @susanslusser's story: sfchronicle.com/athletics/arti… https://t.co/smRIwq… 17 hours ago
- Like they drew it up in March twitter.com/anthonydicomo/… 20 hours ago
- RT @megrowler: The thing about sports is, it being part of our understanding of citizenship isn't new. Plato loved sports. Thought it taugh… 1 day ago
- oh man I was afraid of that. injury or no, wrong call by Puig. twitter.com/truebluela/sta… 1 day ago