These dudes found a way to measure if movies are getting worse. They based it on polarization – and the mental leap that a polarizing movie was made with a base in mind and is therefore not as good as a less polarizing movie is the jump you have to make to agree. I think it’s an okay assumption, but I also feel like our society is more polarized than it has been in the past. Is it because of narrowcasting – the web-based phenomenon that you only see what you want to see and don’t get broadcasted at? I don’t know, and that’s a topic for more conversation. But if society is more polarized in general, then the leap of faith may not work for this graph.
- RT @BASportsGuy: Madison Bumgarner probably got a dog-sitter, so it's cool http://t.co/8y289YJnF2 12 hours ago
- Throw the palmball!!! 13 hours ago
- In 2014, Bumgarner led all pitchers in runs, RBI, HR, wrc+, woba, oWAR, and snot rockets. 14 hours ago
- Sabermagicians must investigate the correlation between year number and winning percentage by franchise, he declared over his drink. 14 hours ago
- RT @BtBScore: About 43% of Bumgarner’s pitches during there regular season were up in the zone (9th-most in #MLB, 2500 pitch min.) http://t… 14 hours ago